3 Things I Learned About the MIT License



The task was simple. We had to first read the MIT License, followed by The MIT License, Line by Line by Kyle E. Mitchell and talk about what we learned or thought was interesting.

One of the very first things that I learned and my main take away from this reading was to not simply trust or believe that there isn't much to a license if its writing is less than 200 words. I was impressed by just how much depth there was to the 171 word text.

Secondly, I learned that the MIT License isn't one, but many (a family as a matter of fact) of licenses.

And lastly, I learned that the MIT License has outlasted most of the software licensed under it.

Popular posts from this blog

Lab 2 - Building Firefox for Desktop from source on Windows 10

Lab 3 - Mastering your Code Editor: Sublime Text 3 and Atom