Lab 6/7 Github Stuff
The tasks for this lab allowed me to get a little more familiar with Github. We were to design a library, and to do so we first had to create 4 functions. They had to show the filename without the path, show the file size in bytes, and finally the last two had to show the sha1 and MD5 digest for a file's path. In terms of languages used, I chose Python since it is one of the languages I chose to focus more on this term. License wise, I picked BSD3. I created a repo and published all of my code on to the master branch. As for the last part of this lab, I contributed towards someone's lab, by using an example with some code that I saw online. I have yet to receive an answer on whether this piece of code helped or not, but hopefully it leads them in the right direction, if it doesn't solve the issue altogether. Contributing to someone else's code is something that we got some first hand experience with thanks to our release 0.1 assignment, but this was good reinforcement of those skills/steps needed, seeing how it had been a month since the last time I did it (writing this after the academic strike).