Lab 1 - GIMP
- What is it called?
The name of the project is GNU Image Manipulation, shortened to GIMP.
- What is the project about? What problem does it solve?
GIMP is an image editing software available on many platforms, some of which are GNU/Linux, OS X and Windows. It is a free software, which means it allows for changes to its source code, as well as its distribution. This tool provides sophisticated tools for graphic design, photography and illustration with many customization options for free.
- How old is it? When did it start?
GIMP dates back to 1996 with their first release, namely 0.54. It wasn't until 1998 that version 1.0 was released.
- What language(s) is it written in?
Gimp has multi-language support with languages such as C, C++, Perl, Python and Scheme.
- How many open Issues does it have?
Currently there are 811 open bugs.
- How many people have contributed to the code?
Amongst the hundreds that have helped up until today, this list provides a look at the people that made this software happen.